M.Sc (Master of Science (Home-Science))
M.Sc. Home Science or Master of Science in Home Science is a postgraduate Home Science professional course. Home Science includes the study of Biochemistry, Physiology, Biostatistics, research methods, and investigation into nutrition, human nutritional requirements, food microbiology and principles of food science in the first year and subjects like human nutrition and dietetics, institutional management and food science in the final year. The course mainly comprise of the study of the major topics of Home Science like Food Science, Fundamentals of Resource Management, Foundations of Human Development, Introduction to Fabric and Apparel Science, Foundations of Food and Nutrition, etc. This degree course is of two years duration and its syllabus is divided into four semesters.
- B.Sc with 45% marks.
- Nutrition Consultants/Nutritionist in food sectors.
- Food Technologists and Scientist in food industries.
- Biochemist and microbiologist in medical laboratories and industries.
- Psychologists or Counsellors in health care organisations.
- Apparel merchandisers.
- Interior designers.
- Entrepreneurs in the field of textiles, food sector, baking and confectionary.
- Teaching profession.
- Affiliated to M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P)
- Two Years